Our approach is holistic, helping the family to support the student’s independent work.
While our focus is on the application essays, Private Coaches can customize programs for the specific student and family needs including:
- Teach student Story To College tools for college application essay success, and work with student to complete portfolio of essays that distinguish him or her from others with similar grades and SAT scores.
- Work with student to develop Common Application + supplement strategy, including any Early Decision/Early Action applications.
- Identify any gaps in student record and strategize how to close those gaps in the senior year and application process.
- Narrow down schools for research and visits.
- Prepare students for on- and off-campus interviews with admissions officers and/or alumni.
- Generate cohesive list of 10-12 schools to apply.
- Coach student to optimize recommendations from teachers and guidance counselors.
- Track student’s progress via shared online documents that are accessible to students and parents.
Our approach is to empower the student to do his or her own exploration and critical thinking. We do not ever do the work for the student, and we ask that parents not do the student’s work for them either.
Each family is assigned their own private coach, who responds to all client needs and requests within 24 hours.
Our Private Coaching Program does not include tutoring for school writing assignments. We cannot guarantee – nor do we do anything behind the scenes to ensure – admission to any specific colleges.
Fill out the form to schedule a FREE consultation about your one-on-one coaching needs.